Saturday, January 14, 2012

Tim Tebow and Adorning the Doctrine




Some of you are probably sick of Tim Tebow, especially if you’re not into football or not a Denver Bronco fan.

But there’s more to the Tebow story than football. Today’s a big game, and if the Broncos are humiliated and Tebow plays terrible, we might miss what’s more important than football.

I read an amazing story by a cynical sports writer from ESPN about Tebow. I hope you’ll check it out yourself. Rick Reilly starts his article this way:

I've come to believe in Tim Tebow, but not for what he does on a football field, which is still three parts Dr. Jekyll and two parts Mr. Hyde.

No, I've come to believe in Tim Tebow for what he does off a football field, which is represent the best parts of us, the parts I want to be and so rarely am.

Who among us is this selfless?(Read the rest of the story here).

Made me think of Titus 2:10: “that in everything they may adorn the doctrine of God our Savior.” We adorn the doctrine, and admire Christ, when we live out what we say we believe.

I think we need to pray for Tim Tebow—not for football success but for faithful, unsullied witness.