Saturday, January 7, 2012

Admiring Christ


By “admiring Christ,” I don’t mean, as some people apparently do, that He is admirable as a man of history or as a symbolic figure or as a misguided idealist. I don’t mean I admire Him as you do somebody you don’t agree with.

I mean that I look up to Jesus, love Him more than I love anyone else, believe in Him as God incarnate, trust Him as my Savior, and worship Him as my lord. Jesus is my hero. I admire Him as someone, the supreme Someone, to emulate as the only one who deserves my constant attention and praise.

He is the perfect one, perfect God and perfect man. He is eternal, holy, all-powerful, infinitely patient and kind, all-wise and all-knowing, and altogether lovely in His character.

Jesus is admirable from every angle and perspective.