Saturday, November 3, 2012

After the Election

If I hear about one more poll, or one more analysis of the swing states, or one more pundit pontificating on "what's at stake in this election," I think my head will explode.

Next Wednesday morning when we wake up, Jesus will still be in charge.

So I am trying to have a Christ-centered, Christ-admiring perspective, while at the same time knowing that this is an important election, and that your (my) vote definitely matters.

Last night my wife had me read Erick Erickson over at RedState.com. He said,
People on the left are convinced if Mitt Romney wins blacks will be put in chains out in cotton fields and uteruses will be locked up..
People on the right are convinced if Barack Obama wins the stars and stripes will come down, the red banner of communism will go up, and this American experiment will be promptly concluded.
My world view is pretty simple. I think this world is destined to go to hell in a hand basket by design. I think things are supposed to go to pot. So if Barack Obama wins, I won’t be upset. If Mitt Romney wins, I won’t be running through the streets cheering. I think, either way, it is all part of the design. The world is going down hill. Barack Obama re-elected just gets us down the slippery slope faster in my view. For others, it is Mitt Romney who does.
God is sovereign and He is in charge and He will return. That is my hope and my ever present expectation.
 You should read the whole thing. Click here.