Saturday, July 20, 2013

I've Been Praying for You

The first words my wife ever said to me were, “I’ve been praying for you.” I was a newly arrived freshman at the university, and my name ended up in a list of people looking for Christian fellowship. That list was given to a few of the Christians who were already part of a vibrant Christian ministry on campus. And so she prayed.


It helps when people pray for you. It means a lot, just knowing someone cares enough to spend a few moments (or maybe a lot longer) going to God on your behalf. Sometimes people let me know they’re praying for me, some even pray every day, and that is a real encouragement.

So how great is it to know that your Savior is praying for you constantly! Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. Hebrews 7:25

Of course Jesus’ intercession means more than prayer. It is, in effect, Christ’s testifying before the bar of divine justice: “She belongs to Me! I paid for all her sins, and now she is covered in my righteousness.” But intercession certainly means that the Savior has His own on His heart, and He constantly brings their concerns before the throne of grace.

Praying for one another is so encouraging. Being in Jesus’ prayers is wonderful beyond measure. (I also wrote about Jesus' praying for us here and here.)

By the way, my blogging has been light lately. Dionne’s health challenges are improved, but I am still focused on her. For all who have prayed for us, and especially to our Savior who always does, thank you so much.