Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Secret of a Happy Marriage

Today my wife Dionne and I celebrate 41 years together. I have no doubt that we are in our happiest season of all the many seasons of our marriage. My love for her is deeper than ever before, which is saying a great deal.

But I don’t think I know “the secret of a happy marriage,” if there is one. (Sorry.)

The best I can do is this little diagram.


At the top of the triangle is Jesus. On the left apex is Jim, on the right is Dionne. The closer we get to Jesus, the closer we get to one another.

As simple, maybe even hokey as that might seem, it is absolutely true.

So, as kind of a reverse anniversary gift to all of you who read this: pursue Christ. He is the secret and the key and the source and the blessing, the beginning and the end, of all things.